Thursday, October 17, 2013

Re:

I woke up to the sound of police sirens one morning. When I looked through the window to check it out I saw police cars and helicopters (someone's in trouble). The helicopter is an example of a few concepts we have explored so far such as velocity, displacement in relation to time, and acceleration. There are also two different forces acting on the helicopter (air resistance and gravity).

-Ashley Cho-Quang-Sam 



On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 5:20 PM, Ashley Cho-Sam <ashcqs@gmail.com> wrote:

On my way home, my family and I were stuck in traffic for an increasingly long time (time frustrates my father .. he's impatient). The cause of the traffic was a car accident; thankfully no one was seriously injured. However, it reminded of Newton's third law which states that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. In the picture you see the front of the car impacted the barrier. The reason that there is a good amount of damage to the car is because the force of the car when it comes into contact with the barrier is the same amount of force the barrier is exerting back towards the car and the barrier does not budge from its position.

-Ashley Cho-Quang-Sam 


No comments:

Post a Comment