Saturday, October 12, 2013

Projectile motion



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8GFWVy2ghM, If you fast foward to about 24 seconds into the video to the cat jumping up and off the chair, you will see physics. When I first saw the video I was let down, such a long video and the cat doesnt even jump that high. However, when I was working on my lab write up for projectile motion all I could think about was physics. Just from this video we can see it took the cat less than 5 seconds to jump off the chair and free fall down to the floor (Note that he hits almost hits himself with the table). We can analyze both his horizontal motion a vertical motion independently. This makes me wish we had cats in our classroom that would help us as stunt doubles in our videos. It would be a little more exciting than dropping a ball. Do you think?

Amelia Tavarez

No comments:

Post a Comment